It usually takes an online shopper more time to find what he exactly needs in a store using normal Magento search tool. Understanding this limitation, Magebuzz decided to develop a so-called Search Suggest and Auto Complete that extends Magento search and helps it much better and faster.
This extension is Ajax-based, helping return match items with search query quickly. Customers can easily search products without loading the page. Additionally, the module supports both search by product attribute and search by tags, so customers can get all the possible results quickly.
Just take a look at the features of Search Suggest and Autocomplete to find whether it’s useful for your store or not:
- Search is based on Ajax, quickly display match items
- Allow admin to configure product attributes included in search query
- Searches start after the minimum value of character has been entered
- Enable to show/hide out of stock products
- Allow to limit items displayed in the dropdown list
- Allow to show product pictures in the search results
- Ability to customize the dimension of product thumbnail image
- Enable to display product description in the search results
- Default open search result link in a new window
- Allow to edit the heading of the search result list
- Default search pre-loader & complete icon
- Allow customers to come directly to their desired product pages by clicking on the product link
- Allow to sort search results in alphabetical order
This extension is formally released at the price of $49. We believe that such a small investment will bring you more-than-expected results.